- Current Version: 0.20
- ChangeLog: sourceforge
- Screenshots: Site 1
- Source Download: ncmpc-0.20.tar.bz2
- Win32 Download: ncmpc-0.20-win32.zip
- Development Download: git://git.musicpd.org/master/ncmpc.git
- Description: A fully featured curses client.
- Maintainer(s): Max Kellermann
ncmpc is a fully featured MPD client, which runs in a terminal (using ncurses). Its goal is to provide a keyboard oriented and consistent interface to MPD, without wasting resources.
It was originally developed by Kalle Wallin. After Kalle had been unreachable for several years, Max Kellermann picked up the project in mid-2008. This wiki page is the official home page of ncmpc.
- full Unicode and wide character support
- music database browser, database search, media library
- audio output configuration
- LIRC support
- customizable key bindings and colors
- tiny memory footprint, smaller than any other interactive MPD client
- playlist editor
Feedback on ncmpc is welcome. Feature requests and bug reports can be submitted to the bug tracker.
Comparison with ncmpcpp
|output device editor||yes||yes|
|wide characters (e.g. Asian)||yes||no|
The following table compares the versions of both programs from git on November 28th, 2008. They were compiled on Debian Lenny with the same gcc flags. Memory usage was measured with Valgrind's "massif" tool.
|binary size (stripped)||112 kB||532 kB|
|memory usage, empty playlist||878 kB||2,939 kB|
|memory usage, 16k playlist||4,557 kB||8,250 kB|